Professor & Head, Department of Health Management and Policy
University of Iowa, College of Public Health
The University of Iowa, College of Public Health seeks a dedicated and experienced leader for the Head of the Department of Health Management and Policy (HMP). The Head will be appointed at the level of Professor with Tenure and will report to the Dean. The Head of HMP will:
* Set a compelling vision that inspires others to engage in transforming and executing the strategic direction for the department;
* Recruit and retain excellent and diverse faculty, and provide strong and effective mentorship;
* Foster a supportive, collaborative, and inclusive learning and research environment for faculty, staff, and students;
* Guide innovation in curriculum and educational programs; teach courses and advise students within department and collegiate programs;
* Ensure compliance with collegiate, university, state, and federal policies related to grant funding, and legislative and academic policies;
* Provide effective management of the department's overall budget;
* Serve as a member of the collegiate leadership team that guides strategic initiatives and resource allocation to allow the college to meet its mission, vision, and goals; and
* Maintain an active scholarship portfolio, including external funding and peer-reviewed publications.
The College of Public Health is nationally ranked among the top 10 in publicly supported schools of public health and has a diverse research portfolio. The Department of Health Management and Policy is one of five academic units within the College and has 11 primary faculty and 54 adjunct faculty. Primary faculty serve as PIs on over $18 million in research grants and contracts. The department's MHA program is ranked 8th nationally and its PhD program is ranked 13th ranked among the 25 Best Health Management and Policy PhD Programs. Strong collaborations exist with non-government organizations and state agencies, University of Iowa Health Care and the Iowa City VA Health Care System, as well as with other colleges, departments, and centers throughout the University. The department's PhD, MHA, EMHA and MPH in Policy programs have an excellent history of recruiting, training, and placing graduates. The department's over 1,100 alumni work in a wide variety of healthcare settings, academic units, government, consulting, and professional organizations throughout the nation and internationally and provide significant financial, instructional, and advisory resources to the department. The College is in a beautiful state-of-the-art, LEED Platinum building. Iowa City http://www.thinkiowacity.org is one of the most livable cities in America with a moderate cost of living, nationally ranked public schools and healthcare facilities, numerous recreation and leisure options, and diverse cultural and employment opportunities. Further information about the department can be found at: https://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/hmp/
With over 31,000 students, the University of Iowa is one of the nation's top public research universities, a member of the Big Ten conference and the Association of American Universities. The University of Iowa is composed of eleven colleges and is known around the world for its balanced commitment to the arts, sciences, and humanities. It is home to one of the nation's largest academic medical centers and the pioneering Iowa Writers' Workshop. The University of Iowa promotes work/life integration and is located in the casual yet cosmopolitan environment of Iowa City, widely recognized as one of the country's most livable communities.